Activities and things to do in the area
The Texas Hill Country is filled with many activities to enjoy. Here we have listed some, but check back here as we add more "must see".
- Cowboy Capital of the World is no other than Bandera Texas.
- Fishing, Swimming and Relaxing on the Sabinal River, Nueces River and the Medina Lake.
- Both Gas and Groceries are available in Utopia.
- Fine Dining at the Laurel Tree, a local Cafe, and Deli in Utopia.
- A MUST see is the Lost Maples State Park and Garner State Park.
- Visit the area Apple Orchards.
- If you love animals, then you have come to the right place. Your visit will not be complete if you don't see an abundance of wild life. Some of these are Whitetail, Axis deer, elusive Wild Hogs, large variety of birds.
- The skys are fresh and clear for excellent starry skies to view your favorite star or planet.
- Bat Flight Attractions.
- Nearby Area Riding Stables.
- Area Rodeos.
- Area Antique & Gift Shops.
- 9 and 18 hole Golf Courses nearby.
Fall each year : UTOPiAfest is one of the most intimate and high-quality music and art festivals in the Southwest. With a capped audience of only 1,800 people there's plenty of room to dance and enjoy the spectacular hill country sunsets. This will be the fourth annual UTOPiAfest and is set to be one to remember with world-touring bands like: Dr. Dog, Charles Bradley, Ray Wylie Hubbard, White Denim, Wheeler Brothers, and several more. Click here to visit the site.